Whether you feel the need to relax or calm stressed nerves, food can be the best medicine. Try these Orange Chamomile Blondies with calming chamomile, refreshing orange, antioxidant chocolate chips, and healthy chickpeas.
Wait…What? Chickpeas?! Yes. Trust me.
The unusual ingredient list caught my eye first with this Joy Bauer recipe. Joy was sharing her remix recipe on the Today Show. She has the best remixes. I tried the blondies…so good! They are delightfully exotic and satisfying. Now it is firmly in our dessert rotation. Scroll down for the recipe.
The table setting today was set with the Kismet custom fine china dishes in Saffron to enhance that orange zest in the blondie recipe. Urban Country was kind enough to share a few decor elements with us to make our table setting more of a celebration. I love the modern lines of their gray wood tray and lemony scented candle is perfect for gifting.
- 1 15 1/2 oz can chick peas
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile tea flowers (about 5 tea bags)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips and pecans, in food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Pour into baking dish. The batter should be thick, so spread it and smooth top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the blondies to cool for 20 minutes and cut into squares.
Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy a delicious Orange Chamomile Blondie that are just a little bit healthier for you than that box mix you’ve been avoiding.
Make your moment even more special with a pretty table setting and the good dishes. Go ahead and get the fresh flowers, or pick them from your garden. Every day is a little celebration.
What Is Live at 1:00?
While we’re practicing social distancing, we’ll be hopping online live every day to share delicious recipes and table settings to show you how to make your house party more beautiful! Join us at 1:00 on IGTV!
Stop over to say hello, ask a question or find out fun ways to elevate your interior design project! We’re showing you how to embrace #livingmybestlife #entertainingathome host a #houseparty and #surroundyourselfwithart